Our question today asks – ” What do you love helping people with?” What are some things that you do that without even thinking about that help other people and brings you joy at the same time?
Did you find that question difficult to answer? I bet there are things that you do that you don’t even realize. For example:
- Smiling and be friendly.
- Volunteering for a charity.
- Donate something you don’t use.
- Make a donation to charities.
- Stopping to help someone in need.
- Teaching someone a skill you know.
- Comforting someone in grief.
- Buying food for a homeless person.
- Lending your ear when someone is sad, depressed, angry, or frustrated just needs someone who will listen.
- Helping someone get active.
- Doing a chore for someone else.
- Sending a nice email or even just a quick note telling someone how much you appreciate them, or how proud you are of them, or just saying thank you for something they did.
- Showing your appreciation, publicly is a great way to make others feel better about themselves.
- Donating food to a homeless shelter.
- Just being there when someone you know is in need.
- Creating a care package for someone who is sick or otherwise in need of a pick-me-up.
- Offering to babysit.
- Giving Love. A hug, a kind word, spending time, showing little kindnesses, being friendly … it all matters more than you know.
I bet you do so much in your life that help others and you don’t even realize it. When you help others:
- It makes you feel better about yourself;
- It connects you with another person, at least for a moment, if not for life;
- It improves the life of another, at least a little;
- It makes the world a better place, one little step at a time;
- And if that kindness is passed on, it can multiply, and multipy.
How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
– William Shakespeare
From the list above, what is it that you love to do that makes others happy? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you haven’t done so already, please be sure to sign up to join our community (It’s Free!!) You will receive news articles inbox each week; have access to our private Facebook community; be subscribed to our “Its.My.Life” Magazine published monthly; receive invitations to webinars on personal development topics with expert guest speakers; access to our free library of self-discovery resources and more…