Do you feel like you’re staying in the same place in your life and not moving in the direction you’d always thought you’d go? Wouldn’t you love to get a handle on your life dreams and begin to achieve them?
Apply these strategies to help you figure out what you want to do with your life:
- Write down your life goals. Write down your goals and the steps you need to take towards each one. What are you doing to accomplish them?
- Revisit your list of goals from time to time. Perhaps you’ve had particular goals that you no longer care to work toward. If so, it’s acceptable to take those no-longer-desired goals off the list.
- Next, list 5 activities that you thoroughly enjoy doing. Consider which activities totally kindle your passion, then determine how you can incorporate the things you love to do into your current life goals.
- If you struggle to connect a cherished activity with any of the goals you have already listed, still include that beloved activity on the list.
- These ideas might prompt you to come up with your own list: working with new people, writing assessment reports, performing internet research, setting up meetings, creating weekly sales goals, and doing some outdoor activity.
- Spend at least 20 minutes thinking about each of your life goals. Contemplate how you can include working toward each goal in an average week. Imagine how you might incorporate some of your favored activities into your job.
- Allow yourself to consider the options of doing what you actually want to do to achieve your life goals, instead of what you feel you “have” to do.
- Once you discover what you want to do in life and start moving in that direction, you can achieve success.
- Which activities do you already possess the necessary supplies for? Place a checkmark by them. You’ll know you’re ready to get started on those things right away.
- For example, if you absolutely love painting with oil paints and you have everything you require to start painting now, check it off.
- Make time now for things you’re passionate about. Take out your calendar and block off time this week to start completing your goals and doing the activities you check-marked.
- Maybe you can reserve two hours on Thursday night to research on the internet a subject you want to know more about or to get a step closer to a life goal.
- Review the activities on your list that lack checkmarks. Figure out now how much money or time it will take to get to the point where you’ll have all the needed supplies and can take part in each of the activities or work toward that goal. Project a date you feel you can be ready to start taking part in the activity.
- Establish mini-steps to achieve an overall larger or complex goal. If your capacity to accomplish a goal depends on a career change, what steps can you take now to accomplish the goal of getting such a job? Write them out and then insert those steps into your calendar.
- Do something today. Work toward what you want in life in some way each day. Make quick notes in your calendar to document what you did today to enjoy life and get closer to your goals.
Rediscover your passion for life by figuring out what you truly want to do with it. Then do whatever it takes. Your life’s goals are right there, so grab them!
Please share your thoughts in the comments box below or join the conversation on social media. Also, share this article with anyone whom you think would benefit from it.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please be sure to sign up to join our community (It’s Free!!) You will receive news articles inbox each week; have access to our private Facebook community; be subscribed to our “Its.My.Life” Magazine published monthly; receive invitations to webinars on personal development topics with expert guest speakers; access to our free library of self-discovery resources and more…