Women’s Self-Discovery Network is a place for community, where people come together to share what they’ve been through and what they’ve learned.
Anyone, of any age, from any location can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere else) with a bio for inclusion on the blog.
This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share themselves vulnerably and authentically.
WHY CONTRIBUTE TO WOMEN’S SELF DISCOVERY NETWORK?
- Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to close to friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ combined.
- The Women’s Self-Discovery Network is community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
- Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Women’s Self-Discovery Network increases traffic and subscribers to their blog.
- As a Women’s Self-Discovery Network contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Include a quote or summary at the top of your post, and keep your post between 800-1,500 words.
- Share a specific story from your life. Women’s Self-Discovery Network is all about personal stories, as these are sometimes more powerful than advice. It’s not just about the lessons and insights; it’s also about how you came to learn them.
- Offer practical information that will help readers address similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a list of tips, but the story needs to build to a message/lessons for readers.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that is gender specific and related to self-awareness, living your dreams, goal setting, how our thoughts affect us, productivity, life balance and success stories.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
- Keep paragraphs to three sentences of fewer. Include a bio, sixty words or fewer, at the bottom of the post.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that links in the body of the post may be removed.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR POST
Before you submit your post, please send a brief pitch, including the title, a summary of the personal story you’ll share, and the main lessons/takeaways for readers. You may want to do this before you being writing so you can receive feedback that could help you strengthen the post.
Please use the contact form to send your pitch, choosing “General Inquiry” from the drop-down menu and pasting the pitch into the “message” box. For the subject line, please write “Blog Pitch,” followed by your proposed title.
If your pitch feels like a good fit for the blog at this time, you will receive a response within ten days. If you don’t receive a response, feel free to send additional pitches! We do our best to feature posts from as many people as possible.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Once your pitch has been accepted:
- Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word,
- Upload a photo of yourself at gravatar.com (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio).Also, please include in your email the email address you linked to your gravatar account.
- Use the contact form to upload your post, choosing “Blog Submission” from the drop-down menu.
You may be asked to revise to make your post stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
Thank you for the light you share, and for being part of the Women’s Self-Discovery Network community!